The Dubai Investor Visa is very popular. It is a way for people from all over the world to make the UAE their home and place of business. Hence, if you want to get this visa, you will need proper assistance.
In this article, you will learn everything about how to get an Investor Visa in Dubai. Dubai is one of the best commercial hubs preferred by entrepreneurs and investors due to its highly advantageous business conditions and favorable government policies. Let’s observe:
- What is a Dubai Investor Visa?
- Who is eligible to apply for an Investor Visa in Dubai?
- The Visa’s validity
- The advantages of the UAE Investor Visa
- How can you obtain an Investor Visa in Dubai?
- Criteria for sponsoring family members
- Investor Visas in Dubai for 3 years, 5 years, and 10 years
- How can Connect Group help you?
1. What is a Dubai Investor Visa?
This visa is ideal for foreign nationals. Hence, it is perfect for people who want to start a business or invest in an existing business in Dubai. Also, they can live, work, and sponsor family members in the UAE. The visa is valid for three years. Without a doubt, this visa can give you great benefits.
Do you want to obtain an investor visa in Dubai? This visa is only for individuals who buy shares in an existing company worth a minimum of AED 72,000. Or who establish a company with a capital investment worth the same amount, according to Dubai investor visa rules.
If you are interested in this type of investment, agencies like ours can assist you in setting up your business in a Dubai Free Zone.
Although some may consider the terms investor visa and partner visa to be synonymous, there is a structural difference between the two. An entrepreneur who establishes a sole proprietorship in Dubai is granted a Dubai investor visa. This type of business has a single owner and no shareholders or partners.
For example, if you establish a mainland company in Dubai with a professional trade license as a sole establishment, your visa will be labeled Investor Visa.
On the other hand, a Dubai partner visa is granted to an entrepreneur whose company is based on the Dubai mainland. Additionally, it must have more than one owner or shareholder. For example, if you want to form a Limited Liability Company (LLC) in mainland Dubai, you must partner with a local sponsor, according to UAE law.
Because your company will have more than one shareholder, you will be granted a Partner Visa. Aside from structural differences and terminology, the legality and benefits of both the investor visa and the partner visa are the same.
You can legally become an investor, entrepreneur, or shareholder in any company in Dubai and across the UAE if you are 18 years of age or older. As a result, you will be able to obtain a UAE residence visa.
For creating a profitable business, you must first create a setup plan. As a result, you will have a successful company in the country.
The Dubai investor visa is valid for three (3) years. To renew your investor visa, you must go through the process of performing your medical test. Plus, you have to renew your medical insurance and Emirates ID every three years.
On the other hand, if you are thinking about setting up a business in the RAK Free Zone, Connect Group can help you.
Starting your own business in Dubai and becoming an investor both have advantages. Here are some of the advantages of obtaining an investor visa in Dubai.
- Residency: Because an investor visa is valid for three years, you are automatically eligible for a three-year Dubai residence visa.
- Sponsor family: With an investor visa, you can sponsor members of your immediate family to become UAE residents. Hence, your spouse, children, and parents are examples of immediate family members.
- Travel ease: You can travel to any GCC country for business or pleasure. The investor status expedites the process of obtaining a travel visa to these areas. An employment visa does not provide the same level of convenience.
- Outside country visa validity: You can live outside the UAE for up to one (1) year at a time without having your residency revoked. However, this is not the case with dependent or employment visas. These visas only allow you to stay outside the UAE for a maximum of six (6) months. After this, they will revoke your UAE residence visa.
- Long-term visa: Having an investor visa and establishing a successful business in the UAE can increase your chances of obtaining the UAE Golden Visa. The Golden Visa, a 10-year UAE residency visa is active since 2019. Its objective is to encourage business development and to reward investors and entrepreneurs for their contributions to the country’s economic growth.
There are two ways to obtain a Dubai investor visa or any other visa in the UAE:
- Formation of a new company
- Existing investment proof
The simplest way to obtain an investor visa in Dubai is to register a company on the Dubai mainland. Depending on the legal structure of your business, when you form a company in Dubai, you become either the owner or a shareholder in the company.
Additionally, Connect Group offers entrepreneurs a variety of profitable ideas for investing in Dubai.
Hence, to apply for an investor visa, you must first establish your company. Then, you have to submit the following documents to the Dubai immigration department:
- Copies of trade licenses
- A copy of the legally attested company Memorandum of Association (for a partnership) or the Local Service Agent Agreement (for sole proprietorship)
- Copy of the company’s business card
- Existing visa cancellation documentation (if you have an existing employment or Dubai residence visa you must cancel it)
- If you have a visit or tourist visa, bring a copy of it with you
On the other hand, the following steps are required to obtain your Dubai investor visa:
- Getting your company registered with the Dubai Economic Department (DED)
- Obtaining your company’s establishment card
- Applying for an entry permit to the UAE (if you are not already in the country), entering the UAE and changing your visa’s in-country status
- If you are already in the UAE, you can change your visa status in-country
- Carrying out your medical examination
- Obtaining your Emirates ID
- Obtaining adequate health insurance coverage
- Stamping your passport with the investor visa
From start to finish, the processing of your investor visa will take between 15-20 working days. This includes the time it takes:
- Registering your new business in Dubai
- Obtaining your trade license
- Applying for a visa
- Having your investor visa stamped in your passport
The other method of obtaining an investor visa in Dubai does not require the formation of a new company. It only requires you to show proof of your Dubai investments to the Dubai Municipality. Thus, if your request meets the UAE Government’s eligibility criteria, the Dubai Municipality will create your file with the Economic Department.
Then, the Economic Department will issue you a reference file number, on which the Dubai Municipality will issue you a NOC (No Objection Certificate). Hence, to apply for your Dubai investor visa, you must present this NOC to the immigration department.
However, keep in mind that the government agencies screening your eligibility will decide whether or not to approve or reject your request.
6. Criteria for sponsoring family members
As an investor, you can sponsor family members to become UAE residents. Once your investor visa has been stamped in your passport, you can help your family. Namely, you can go to the immigration office to apply for your family’s Dubai residence visa.
Hence, you must submit the following documents to sponsor your family members:
- Tenancy agreement for a house. A two-bedroom house minimum
- If you are the sponsoring spouse, you must have an attested marriage certificate
- Attested birth certificate(s), if sponsoring a child/children
- AED 1,500 refundable deposit for each sponsored family member. This is to help entrepreneurs during the pandemic. The original deposit amount of AED 3,000 is now AED 1,500. This is because it was reduced.
The government has introduced long-term visas for the UAE, including 10-year and 5-year visas for Dubai investors. In addition, the terms of a three-year investor visa in Dubai have recently been revised.
To qualify for the 10-year investment visa, you must meet certain requirements, including a public investment of at least AED 10 million. Those who take interest in investing can do so in the following areas:
- Investment funds based in the United Arab Emirates.
- Create a company with a capital of AED 10 million in the UAE.
- Become a partner in a new or existing company with a minimum share value of AED 10 million.
When it comes to investment conditions, keep the following in mind:
- 60 percent of total investment must be in sectors other than real estate. Moreover, we can assist you with the real estate market.
- The amount invested must be a loan.
- Financial stability of up to AED 10 million.
- You must meet the following requirements to obtain a 5-year investor visa in Dubai:
- An investor must purchase a property worth at least AED 5 million.
- This sum should not be obtained as a loan.
- A minimum of three years is required for property retention.
- The investor must purchase freehold property.
To be eligible for a three-year investor visa in Dubai, you must meet the following requirements:
- The investor must own property worth at least AED 750k.
- If the property is mortgaged, the bank must be paid 50% of the total value upfront.
- The investor must provide the bank with a no-objection letter written in Arabic.
- The property can be divided among spouses, but the investor must provide a marriage certificate.
- The property must be residential rather than commercial.
- Also, the investor can apply through a jointly owned property if their share has a value of AED 750k or more.
Connect Group is a leading company formation specialist in Dubai, providing trustworthy PRO services. Thus, we will be happy to provide you with the best assistance in the country.
Hence, Connect Group’s PRO services provide comprehensive assistance in obtaining an investor visa from the relevant authorities in the UAE. We will handle the preparation of job letters and contracts for CEOs, as well as ensure that all documents comply with UAE government regulations. Moreover, you can check out our website and learn all the services we have for you.
Would you like to contact Connect Group to obtain more information on how to get an investor visa in Dubai? Thus, if you have any questions, call us on +97143316688. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Then, you will talk to one of our representatives who will answer your questions.
Visit thetalentpoint.com to apply. In addition, we will not store CVs and resumes that you send to email@example.com. Do not hesitate any longer and start the process today.