The MOHRE UAE or Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratization, was previously known as the Ministry of Labour. Also, it applies laws that protect the rights of the worker, as well as employment regulations. Furthermore, it is a body through which you can legally start a company in the United Arab Emirates.
In this article, you will be able to find out what qualities MOHRE will offer you about work and the presentation of complaints. At the same time, you will be able to know in detail all the steps for the different ways in which this entity will help you in different situations.
What is MOHRE in UAE
The MOHRE UAE is an entity that regulates activities between employees and employers in the Emirates. In addition, it monitors the labor market through some integrated policy systems that improve working conditions. Likewise, its policies include strategic plans that transform and protect the work environment.
In the same way, it unites the visions of employers with the aspirations of their employees and has promoted initiatives to strengthen the labor market. Also, residents can find new opportunities thanks to this regulatory body.
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Submit a MOHRE Labor Complaint
Below you can see the detailed step by step so you can submit a labor complaint:
MOHRE toll free number
The number you will need to file complaints in the UAE is the MOHRE complaint number. With it, you can file a complaint against the employer or a company through the different means available. Therefore, you will obtain a reference number with which you can make a query to verify your complaint.
Below you can see the means to contact the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratization:
- Ministry website
- Call center 80060
- 600590000 Whatsapp number
- 00971-68027666 ( number international )
Initiating the Complaint Process
To start the process for a complaint, you must select the method with which you want to make it, for which the following forms are available:
- Official Web site
- Mobile app
- Service centers
Moreover, through these means, you will be able to know the MOHRE enquiry status in a simple and fast way.
Gathering essential Documentation
After selecting the method to file a complaint with MOHRE UAE it will depend on whether it is a circumstance of the complaint. For a regular complaint, if you are an employee, you will need:
- Identification documents or passport
- Offer letter
- Name and mobile phone number
- Name of the company or person you want to sue.
On the other hand, if you are an employer, and you are presented with a complaint about wages, you will be able to express your defense through the MOHRE enquiry services. Hence, you only have to present the following requirements:
- Copy of your complaint.
- List of employees working in your company.
- The complete establishment report.
- History of salary transactions through the Wage Protection System (WPS).
- Previous inspection records.
- All company location plans.
In addition, the Ministry will classify the problems after 3 business days have passed after the concern has been presented.
Accessing the Online Platform
As we have mentioned, there are 3 ways to file your complaint. The first of them is through the web platform as you will see below:
- Visit the MOHRE website
- Select the type of service you want from the options.
- Enter the type of complaint, then the type of applicant you are, whether employer or employee.
- Enter your details in the spaces provided.
- Write the details of your complaints in the box prepare to do it.
- Then send.
Submitting a complaint through the application
MOHRE UAE application to your mobile device and follow the steps detailed below:
- Download the app on your device.
- Now, select the option for WAGE COMPLAINT or LABOR COMPLAINT.
- Then, register as a user with your mobile number.
- Finally, enter the details of the complaint and proceed to send it.
Then, after 72 hours, you will receive a call from the legal advisor who works at the Twafouq center.
Complaint through the Service Center TASHEEL
Another option to file your complaint is in person, through TASHELL service centers. To do this, you can follow the steps that we will indicate below:
- Go to any nearest TASHEEL service center in the UAE.
- Bring all the documents required for the complaint.
- Pay the transaction fee.
- Then, by email or mobile, you will receive an application number.
Then, 2 or 3 days after filing the complaint, a Twafouq legal advisor will call you when they have processed the request.
Providing Detailed Information
Twafouq Service Centers will provide the court with a summary of the complaint, in the form of a memorandum. Likewise, it will include the details of the comments of the labor departments and the evidence provided by both peers. The court will then set a hearing date.
Moreover, the court will be free to ask a representative of the labor department to explain the case in detail, if required. Finally, the court will proceed to issue the corresponding sentence
How to Track MOHRE Complaint?
You can check the MOHRE application status by following these steps:
- Enter the official portal.
- Go to the Services section.
- Enter your complaint reference number.
- Select SEND.
Finally, you will receive the status of the complaint or you can also use the MOHRE UAE labour law contact number for follow-up.
Importance of Compliance with Emiratization Systems in the Private Sector
MOHRE UAE plays an important role in regulating and supervising the recruitment processes of the private sector workforce. Likewise, it has promoted several initiatives that contribute to strengthening the Emirati labor market. In the same way, they have created new opportunities to support the local workforce.
Unlocking Workforce Potential: A Comprehensive Guide to MOHRE’s Services
MOHRE UAE has policies and standards with progressive strategies, based on the growing development of the work environment of the emirates. Below you will see the MOHRE services for the care of workers and employers in the UAE:
Strengthens workforce efficiency
With MOHRE UAE you will have support, security, and guidance for whether you are an employee or an employer. Below you will see this argument in detail:
Work Permit Applications
With this ministry, the process of applying for a work permit will be much easier and smoother for employers and workers. Next, the requirements to apply:
- A recent color photo of the employee with a white background.
- Photocopy of the passport of the employee valid for 6 months.
- Certificate of approval by the relevant authorities.
- Academic qualifications certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country where the employee is originally from.
Additionally, we remind you that the permit will be valid for 2 months after its issuance and will take one day to be issued.
Indictment for escape of domestic workers
If you have a domestic employee who has left without warning, you can use the MOHRE contact number to report it. Therefore, you will only need these requirements to present the case:
- Copies of the passports of the worker and the employer.
- Residence and visa details of the employee.
- Original or copy of the valid ID of the employer.
Also, if you are an employer in Dubai, you will be able to use the services of MOHRE UAE, through GDRFA and Amer centers. However, if you are in another emirate other than Dubai, you will have to pay AED 418 for services that have a fee.
Support for paying your fines
The said ministry will allow you a simple process to make payments for fines, whether you are an employer or an innocent domestic worker. To do this, the following will be necessary:
- Photocopy of the passport of the employers.
- The original identification of the employer, whether investor, GCC resident, or simply Emirati resident.
- Original valid identification document of the worker.
In addition, MOHRE EAU may manage employment-related services, which include the following:
- Updates and modification of work permits.
- Ensures work standards by conducting periodic site inspections.
- Update the contracting system data.
- Provides training to job seekers.
- For stock market agencies, it issues or cancels PRO cards and licenses.
- Process quota requests for companies with more than 50 employees.
- Carry out periodic inspections and audits.
Advocating for employee rights and benefits in the UAE
The MOHRE or Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratization, protects the rights and interests of employees.
Facilitates the issuance and renewal of Absher Cards
This card is for Emirati citizens who are employed in private sector companies, and to acquire them you will only need the following:
- Be an Emirati citizen.
- A duly registered work card.
- Have at least 1 month of experience with your employer
- Be registered with the General Authority for Pensions and Social Security or also with the Abu Dhabi Pension and Retirement Fund.
- Have a history of at least 3 months of salary transfer through the Wage Protection System (WPS).
Likewise, when the card is about to expire, MOHRE will renew it without having to make any request.
Help with Bank Guarantee Settlement
When you make an MOHRE e enquiry you will notice that it has a provision for the assistance of employees in receiving their benefits. To take advantage of this service, you will need:
- The liquidation ruling expressed by a court.
- The payment document of the legal set to pay the guarantee, along with the sanction by the employer.
Additionally, the following procedure will be followed:
- It will present a document from the court addressed to the Labor Relations section, indicating the bank guarantee of the worker.
- If there is no court ruling, the employer may decide to request the bank guarantee.
- You will receive the result in 3 business days.
Injuries and accidents
The MOHRE will be able to give you security as an employee in your employment within the United Arab Emirates. That is, if you suffer any mishap with your work environment, the authorities will ensure that your employer provides you with the required coverage. Next, you will know what you will need:
- The employment contract
- The report certified by a doctor from the Abu Dhabi Health Authority with the details of the percentage of disability.
Then, when the report or claim has been submitted, you can expect a response in 5 business days. In addition, MOHRE will inspect the environment where you work and will address any complaint or MOHRE EAU.
Services of MOHRE enquiry
This organization established unique service centers and methods for each purpose that you will learn about below:
MOHRE centers like this one are in all the emirates and their main objective is to resolve all labor disputes within 10 working days. In the same way, they resolve concerns and complaints between both parties with the investigation of legal consultations. Furthermore, this Twafouq center is a mediator between employers and their potential workers.
Tasheel Online System Service
The main function of this service is to facilitate payments and work permit processes for other means of work cards. With this system, tasks will be faster and more efficient, since they are supported by the government of the country. You can also find them in Muraqqabat, Deira, and Business Bay.
Is one of the MOHRE UAE services that improve stability in the labor area of the Emirates. Moreover, they will provide you with all the information related to license validation, subcontracts, and worker registration.
Tawseel Mobile Services
With these services, you will not need to go to a government center. Likewise, it will provide you with cars equipped with new technologies. In addition, they will help you with the business license application and other services.
Informs employees about labor legislation, also provides training, and distributes materials to educate employees. In the same way, it grants contracts and work permits.
The Tadbeer system
This system allows us to provide complete solutions to domestic workers in the UAE, including their training and comprehensive well-being.
The MOHRE UAE guarantees harmony between all parties involved in work areas. Whether it is an employee looking for a job or the efforts carried out by an employer. In other words, it is a comprehensive and accessible solution that supports everyone every step of the way.
If you would like additional advice or have any questions, please contact us and we will help you because we are here to serve you.